If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (609) 549-0379

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How can I tell if I have a mold problem?

10/18/2016 (Permalink)

Got Mold?

This is the question that appears more often than not and it seems to be something many people do not have the answer for. At SERVPRO of Manahawkin, we aim to help you during this process, whether its for general knowledge or the remediation process, please give us a call. But for those of you who are interested in gathering some information sooner, please read further to get a better understanding, provided by the Environmental Protection Agency and their knowledge on Mold.

Answer from www.epa.gov/mold/moldbasics.html

Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing.

Molds are part of the natural environment.  Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided.  Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air.  Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet.  There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.

It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust.  The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present.  Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors.  If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem.  If you clean up the mold, but don't fix the water problem, most likely, the mold problem will come back.

Other News

View Recent Posts