Ocean County Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke from an active fire
Smoke and soot are very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Here at SERVPRO of Manahawkin, our smoke damage expertise and experience allow us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
There are Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Manahawkin will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information on:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (609) 549-0379
When Storms hit Long Beach Island, SERVPRO is Ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Long Beach Island
SERVPRO of Manahawkin specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Faster Response is Guaranteed!
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
When storms hit the Manahawkin and Long Beach Island area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams https://www.SERVPROmanahawkin.com/storm-flooding-restoration that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today at (609) 549-0379
We will answer your call for Emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
#1 Mold Resource
SERVPRO of Manahawkin is a restoration company servicing Ocean County. We specialize in Fire & Water Damage. We are also the experts when it comes to Mold. The Ocean County area, especially areas near wet lands and areas prone to flooding provide us with a high amount of mold remediation. Although mold grows and spreads very fast, it is not always so fast to remediate. There are several steps that need to be followed and often recommended before any remediation can even start. Your first plan of action is to know your resources, who you can trust to provide you with outstanding service. That would be us!
Our first step is to determine the cause of the mold. Recommend necessary repairs or change in environment to prevent it coming growth in the future. Then you can leave the rest to us!
You can learn more about the process by clicking on these links;
Check out before and after pictures!
Certified Water Damage Specialist in Your Area
SERVPRO of Manahawkin is a certified IICRC firm servicing the Ocean County for over 10 years. Our certification requires us to follow the standards and guidelines set by The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC).
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
Our Training in the Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Manahawkin
SERVPRO of Manahawkin specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Where we Service
Located in Ocean County we service the following areas
- Barnegat Township
- Stafford Township
- Lacey Township
- Long Beach Township
- Lakewood Township
- Jackson Township
- Ocean Township
- Eagleswood Township
- Harvey Cedars Borough
- Little Egg Harbor Township
- Tuckerton Borough
- Ship Bottom Borough
- Surf City Borough
- Manchester Township
- ABRA Certified Bio Recovery Technician course
- Hazardous Materials Standard training
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- WRT - Water Damage Restoration Technician
- ECTP - Employee Certification Training Program
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Although vaccinations are available, not everyone intends to or has had the option to receive it. The CDC claims you can still contract Covid-19 after being vaccinated but with less risk. For this reason, we still need to be proactive in keeping safe.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned,but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – even after life is back to normal in the communities, we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Manahawkin today at (609)549-0379 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Untreated Water Damage
Untreated water damage caused the wall to rot and mold growth is now present
There are various possible causes of water damage. Depending on the severity or cause of water it can be quite destructive. If untreated, water damage can rot out wood and other materials. It can cause mold growth, bacteria growth, rusting of steel, swelling of composite woods, lifting flooring, de-laminating of materials such as plywood, etc.
Water damage can have many sources, from loose appliance hoses to natural disasters. Regardless of the source, SERVPRO of Manahawkin’s trained professionals can handle any size disaster.
Some common Water Damage scenarios we have responded to are:
We Are Always Here to Help- 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Manahawkin provides 24-hour fire and water damage restoration service in Ocean County, NJ
SERVPRO of Manahawkin is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 609-549-0379
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Manahawkin has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, one of the owners will answer the call and walk you through the process to get your home or business under control. We will ask you several questions that will allow us to gage the level of severity and what we need to bring and how many SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO owner will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Manahawkin
SERVPRO of Manahawkin is owned and operated by Chris & Diane Fyrberg, who are Ocean County residents. We specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Meet Our Crew https://www.SERVPROmanahawkin.com/employee-photos
Don't Delay, Call Today!
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Ocean County business or commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, you can count on the experts, we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with our highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
SERVPRO of Manahawkin can also take care of other needs that you may need in your business such as a limited number of janitorial services.
To learn more about our commercial services, Call or office at (609)-549-0379 or click this link to our commercial services page: https://www.SERVPROmanahawkin.com/commercial-restoration-cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
SERVPRO Storm Teams
Call to action for storm damage
SERVPRO Headquarters is working with several franchise owners throughout the United States to join in the efforts of mitigation and mold remediation in Texas. The 2021 Ice Storm that caused 4.5 million homes and businesses to be without power for an extended period of time. The loss of power resulted in no heat, water, food and unfortunately loss of life.
Many records were broken in this event. Snowfalls were the heaviest the state has seen in years. The snow was followed by record breaking temperatures. Causing severe water damage.
Storm Teams from SERVPRO continue to assist in the clean-up. When there is a disaster like this outside of our local territories or out of state- SERVPRO is always here to help.
We never know what to expect from the rest of the year. Weather events are always uncertain. SERVPRO will be there!
Restoring Your Commercial Property
Commercial Water Damage Challenges
Flooding and other types of water damage events in Ocean County commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal business can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So, when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Manahawkin
SERVPRO of Manahawkin specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Visit our website for more information at SERVPROmanahawkin.com or call 609-549-0379